- He's turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed.
- A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.
- Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
English essayist, novelist, & satirist (1903 - 1950)
- Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
Laurence J. Peter
US educator & writer (1919 - 1988)
- The point of quotations is that one can use another's words to be insulting.
US mystery novelist (1926 - )
- In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.
US writer and humorist (1950 - )