3.27.2006

Cleaning out the quotes bin...


Below are quotes I found interesting enough to save, and I now share them with you:

Robert X. Cringely"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

G. K. Chesterton
"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."

Richard Feynman
"I believe that a scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy."

John Kenneth Galbraith
"You will find that the State is the kind of organization which, though it does big things badly, does small things badly, too."

E. B. White
"Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half the time."

Galileo Galilei
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

P. J. O'Rourke
"Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is."

Logan Pearsall Smith
"The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood."

Euripides
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."

Charles Peters
"Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy."

Mitch Hedberg
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."

Beryl Pfizer
"I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on."

Eddie Izzard
"I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from."

No comments: