11.27.2006

Why does fudge sting...

So, I'm still sick. Doesn't bode well for getting married, does it?

First the flu, now a throat infection. My throat’s been sore for over a week now, so I visited the Minute Clinic at CVS Pharmacy to get a strep test. They’ll call me today or tomorrow with the results. But I can say that the Nurse Practitioner at MinClin was a very positive endorsement of the new way of doing healthcare. I would say it’s a ringing endorsement of the non-socialized healthcare scheme. Because of all the H.S.A.’s and Flex-spend insurance schemes, places like MinClin are popping up all over, and they really do provide a great service.

In closing, here are some things I learned while driving to Missouri(the I is pronounced “uh) and back with a throat infection, quantified as pro’s and con’s:

Pros:
  • Minute Clinic is fast, friendly, genuinely helpful, and cheap!
  • Halls Max© are great on a sore throat.
  • DQ Mr Misty drinks are also great on a sore throat.
  • Lidocaine(C14H22N2O) is not tasty, but it makes your mouth feel funny.
  • Tea + Honey = good.

Cons:

  • Tea + Whiskey = ouch!
  • All other cough drops and sprays suck, they don’t help at all.
  • Any carbonated beverage hurts my throat.
  • Taco’s are not a good idea when you have a sore throat.
  • People say tea + lemon = soothing. They are liars. Turns out lemon juice is 49% citric acid. Do you think it’s a good idea to add acid to a sore, inflamed mucous membrane? Yeah, I thought so.


Also, I'm bored. Here's a test I passed, stolen from Noel's blog.
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

The Midland

Boston

The West

The Inland North

The Northeast

Philadelphia

The South

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

1 comment:

Chris Dugan said...

Paying for health care on a per case basis and letting the market dictate prices? Wow what a concept!