First the flu, now a throat infection. My throat’s been sore for over a week now, so I visited the Minute Clinic at CVS Pharmacy to get a strep test. They’ll call me today or tomorrow with the results. But I can say that the Nurse Practitioner at MinClin was a very positive endorsement of the new way of doing healthcare. I would say it’s a ringing endorsement of the non-socialized healthcare scheme. Because of all the H.S.A.’s and Flex-spend insurance schemes, places like MinClin are popping up all over, and they really do provide a great service.
In closing, here are some things I learned while driving to Missouri(the I is pronounced “uh) and back with a throat infection, quantified as pro’s and con’s:
- Minute Clinic is fast, friendly, genuinely helpful, and cheap!
- Halls Max© are great on a sore throat.
- DQ Mr Misty drinks are also great on a sore throat.
- Lidocaine(C14H22N2O) is not tasty, but it makes your mouth feel funny.
- Tea + Honey = good.
- Tea + Whiskey = ouch!
- All other cough drops and sprays suck, they don’t help at all.
- Any carbonated beverage hurts my throat.
- Taco’s are not a good idea when you have a sore throat.
- People say tea + lemon = soothing. They are liars. Turns out lemon juice is 49% citric acid. Do you think it’s a good idea to add acid to a sore, inflamed mucous membrane? Yeah, I thought so.
Also, I'm bored. Here's a test I passed, stolen from Noel's blog.
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: North Central
|The Inland North|
|What American accent do you have?|
Take More Quizzes