3.16.2007

What does shaving my chest have to do with light-headedness???

That's what I asked, later that day, in the Urgent Care center. But let's backup a bit.

I arrived at the AV Medical Center Urgent Care area, and it turns out if you're suffering from a rapid heart beat w/ chest pains, you get seen pretty damn quick. A nurse came in and took my blood pressure and such, and after that she brought in a funny looking machine with a bunch of wire leads. It actually looked like the back of Tophers entertainment center, if you unplugged all the components.

It was at this point that I thought about the relevance of depilation and EKG's. Long story short, nothing wrong with my heart, but now my chest looks like I had the mange.

Oh, did I mention that I had to take off my shirt, and put on a hospital gown BACKWARDS? Not a huge deal in an enclosed exam room, but when you're walking to radiology with your arms wrapped around you chest to keep from flashing the waiting room, it's a bit dicey...

After the EKG, the nurse took the results to the doc, who came in and asked some questions and did some reflex tests. This is the weirdest part of the day; the doctor looked like Tila Tequila.
(If you do not know who that is, I recommend NOT googling her at work. Just stick with the handy Wikipedia link above)


So after Dr. Tequila gave my heartbeat a listen, she sent me to get a chest X-ray(that will cost me). The X-ray showed nothing in my lungs, so the Dr has no idea whats wrong with me. My BloodPressure is a little high, but that's not a surprise. So like Ben said today, "It feels like everything in life is telling me 'maybe'."

No comments: